Welcome to our 1864 farmhouse…life is good!


Friday, March 5

sunshine in my soul today!

I hear birds singing and the sun is shining!

We're on our way from a record February snowfall
of 49.2 inches...

to this,

and this!


That cold March wind can't fool me. Even with the constant, chilly breeze, I can close my eyes and imagine the promise of spring tulips, summer hollyhocks, the scent of newly plowed fields and of freshly mown grass. And like a wide-eyed kid staring at the sweet treats in a candy store, I look at my favorite gardening books over and over, flagging  pages that inspire me. Yes, before we know it...it will be barefoot season!

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful garden!

    My winter has been disappointing...snow wise, I'm tired of wishing for me snow.

    Bring on the sunshine!

    ~Andrea~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are right about the 'barefoot' season ~ I hope it comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How come my garden never looks like that??? You must have an-ever-so-green thumb, my friend! Lovely!
    I found our first crocus peeping up today -- or what was left of it after Mr. Wabbit and his pals had breakfast. I imagine they were gladder than I to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful photos! I know. Spring (or even the promise of her) brings me such happiness and renewed zest for living!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!

 
01 09 10