Welcome to our 1864 farmhouse…life is good!


Tuesday, May 18

can we get wet?!

I've learned that one of the best things about childhood is the freedom to dance in the rain and splash in all the wonderfully muddy puddles it makes. We just had an incredible rainstorm, and after bringing the kids home from school, they dash out of the truck, turning only briefly to ask, "Can we get wet?!"

Kids and the outdoors are a natural fit! How's that old saying go?
"Clean enough to be healthy, but dirty enough to be happy!"
Of course I said, "YES!"

Sweet Girl gets right on the tire swing...

Little Man quickly follows her lead.

Mark Twain is quoted as saying,
“Everybody talks about the weather,
but no one ever does anything about it.”
The weather is what it is, so make the best of it...
enjoy every minute!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! It reminds me of another such fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! Sort of like stopping to smell the roses, maybe we should stop and get wet once in awhile!

    Thanks for the comment about my blog format. It's still a work in progress, but my web guy works for free. : ) I changed to the minima stretch template. All I lost was the font but I was ready for a change.

    ~Andrea~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!

 
01 09 10