Welcome to our 1864 farmhouse…life is good!


Monday, January 1

happy new year!

Here's hoping you had a lovely Christmas!

I'm sending wishes for a joyful, peaceful, healthy new year!


                                                      


The days fly...December found us visiting the lights at our local zoo...

      

                                            


and enjoying The Nutcracker ballet in a beautiful old theater built in 1928;
here's the stage:


                                      


and this is the ceiling...lovely!


                                  


We enjoyed secret surprises, ate favorite foods, and as always, had the kids search for the pickle ornament. Something we've done for ages, when they find it, there's an extra gift for all of us to enjoy.



Then December ended with a little mystery.

While now gone, one morning I came upon this in the front yard...





glittering, sparkly, and pink, I have no idea what it was. It was found in a little muddy area under an evergreen tree; I'm definitely stumped!

I don't have any sparkling decorations outside and we don't often walk under that tree. While I tried zooming in, I just couldn't get a clear photo. Then, as if by magic, it was gone.


My guess: holiday faeries or maybe Santa's reindeer?

Your thoughts?!


Here's to 2024...
don't follow your dreams,
CHASE them!





14 comments:

  1. How absolutely magical♡♡♡ to find pink sprinkles.
    You had a wonderful holiday.
    Here is to a wonderful new year
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How absolutely magical♡♡♡ to find pink sprinkles.
    You had a wonderful holiday.
    Here is to a wonderful new year
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Nutcracker is one of my favourite ballets and what a beautiful theatre to watch it in. Wishing you a fantastic 2024 :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret - it is a great ballet, my daughter loves it...her favorite ballet to dance in. Wishing you a happy 2024 - so good to hear from you!

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year to you Mary!! May 2024 bring only joy to you and your family.
    P.S. Regarding the pink glitter, I'm going with holiday fairies! 🧚🏻‍♀️
    That is pretty weird though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Staci - thank you for the kind thoughts, I'm sending you good wishes for this new year as well! Faeries it is...so odd!

      Delete
  5. Oh how lovely the ballet must have been. The theater is such a beautiful place. The pink glitter may always be a mystery, but it is fun to imagine all sorts of special Christmas visitors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right...ballet is lovely, and with my daughter being a dancer, it makes it extra special! So true...so many special, secret visitors, I'll keep checking to see if it reappears!

      Delete
  6. Peace and light being sent your way for a spectacular 2024!
    Maybe the reindeer were eating sugar cookies with pink sprinkles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Daisy...those are sweet wishes for a brand new year.
      And I LOVE your idea...cookies!!

      Delete
  7. Santa's reindeer for sure! Happy and Blessed New Year, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the magic of reindeer...I may never know, but I love the idea! Thank you for the good wishes...and to you as well, here's to 2024!

      Delete
  8. Happy New Year my friend! May it be a blessed one for all. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. My brother and I saw the Nutcracker last month in a very lovely venue - but not nearly as pretty as that theater! Such a fun holiday experience!! Fun mystery....I'll go with the others and say the reindeer:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!

 
01 09 10