Welcome to our 1864 farmhouse…life is good!


Tuesday, May 29

a small town parade...

Some glimpses from our town's Memorial Day parade...









A day spent...

~honoring our hometown heroes
~remembering the past
~tapping our toes to the marching band
~standing, hats removed and hands over hearts, as the flag passes by
~cheering and clapping as our kids lead their llamas in the parade
~adoring the next generation


"Courage is more exhilarating than fear and in the long run it is easier.
We do not have to become heroes over night. Just a step at a time, meeting each thing
that comes up, seeing it is not as dreadful as it appeared,
discovering we have the strength to stare it down."
 -Eleanor Roosevelt




6 comments:

  1. Do you spin the llamas fleece? Great photo's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginny, that's next on my wish list! I have two old spinning wheels...but they may be a bit too old to really work well. You've inspired me...I think I'll dust them off and tinker with them this weekend, thanks! -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that your town does this! We don;t have a Memorial Day Parade, but do have a large Veteran's Day one. So important, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...it's so good for the kids and adults to pause and remember.

      Delete
  4. Very patriot and American, and i wouldn't want it any other way. Richard

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!

 
01 09 10