Welcome to our 1864 farmhouse…life is good!


Monday, August 7

August on the farm...

August? How can it be August already? 

My daughter just returned from a 7-week intensive at a ballet company where she was also an RA and it's so good to have her back...as the kids say, "The balance has been restored!"  

She double-majored in Dance and Psychology...so proud of her hard work! She graduated Summa Cum Laude in Dance and Magna Cum Laude in Psychology.  I love that she's chasing her dream as she enters her 2nd year as an apprentice with a ballet company.

 


My son goes back to college in just a couple of weeks...I'm losing my partner in crime when it comes to hot & spicy foods! A couple of nights ago we decided to use some of the garden's oodles of jalapenos to make poppers, and then last night, he whipped up some spicy Mexican Street Corn, he's quite the chef...it was delicious!

Oh yes, time does fly...



so, so grateful...these kids have the sweetest hearts and are a laugh a minute, and I can say without hesitation...I would walk through fire for them.


Sharing a few more photos from the farm...August's heat is hard on the flowers and garden, best to enjoy them while we can. 


blackberries are loving this weather




this is a Ruby Slippers hydrangea that my son gave me 2 years ago,
I love how it changes from this,


to this!



blue skies,

blooming flowers.


 

and buzzing bees.



That's a peek at August from my corner of the Midwest...hope all is well where you are, thanks for stopping by. 



"Above all, 
be the heroine
of your own life."

-Nora Ephron



11 comments:

  1. Sweet hearts and a laugh a minute. That's a win, win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always makes your heart happy to see your children become wonderful adults. We have had so much rain and haze from forest fires in Canada no ones gardens did well this year.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still struggle Cathy - the time flew by, but thank you for reminding me, a happy heart is indeed the best! We've not had any haze recently, so glad, but my garden is moving slow...tomatoes are still green, and peppers are tiny, zucchini, which is usually out of control - is dying back.

      Delete
  3. Love Nora Ephron!
    How wonderful to have your kiddos home for a while. I envy your closeness.

    Beautiful summer shots! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Daisy, love those kids...I hate change! There, I've said it...does this mean I'm getting older, too?!

      Delete
  4. So happy you've all had a wonderful summer. Congrats to your daughter. That's amazing!! It really is hard to believe it's August already. The weather has been a wild ride in these parts this year. Beautiful photos as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to have your kids back together for a bit. That one pic of the blackberries and black eyed susans is really nice. Postcard worthy. I so love poppers. Cannot wait to make some myself. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. We'll be carving pumpkins before we know it!
    The year is flying by, but your lovely post is a good reminder to pause for a moment and appreciate all the special moments. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jules, my favorite season, pumpkin carving season! I really try not to rush the seasons, and enjoy what each one offers, but I confess...I bought my first pumpkin-scented candles yesterday. They're tucked away, but still...I'm a bit naughty rushing so toward autumn!

      Delete
  7. What a delightful peek into your week! Hope this week ahead will just as full! The berries are so yummy right about now! And I must say I had no idea that the hydrangeas change color like that - so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!

 
01 09 10