Welcome to our 1864 farmhouse…life is good!


Thursday, December 27

Christmas cheer...

Holiday homecomings and gifts from the heart have certainly taken the chill out
of the winter winds.


Nearly 8 inches of snow fell in our part of the Midwest yesterday, which made staying at home the best option! With heads bowed against the sleet and icy air, we hurried to complete our outdoor errands, then brushed the snow from our boots and coats, ready to settle back inside.

However; it seems the kids don't feel the wintry chill at all. They had no trouble bundling up, going sledding, and tossing snowballs! Eventually they came back in, rosy-cheeked and smiling, ready for some hot chocolate.

And so, while winter is here, and we are lucky enough to have the magic of a country Christmas, here are a few glimpses of the farm under the spell of a winter snowfall.













Home is truly the heart of the holidays...

6 comments:

  1. It is cold and wintery here too. I just love all of your wintery farm pictures! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cold & wintry is the best...IF I don't have to drive! Love to stay warm & cozy inside. Thanks for coming by. - Mary

      Delete
  2. Apparently, I am now officially old: untempted by the sled and skates! But I sure remember those days of playing in the snow until my little legs were red and frozen underneath all those layers of clothes. We'd come in, peel off our wet leggings and snowpants and mittens and jump directly into warm jammies, fresh from the dryer, thanks to my good mommy. Enjoyed your beautiful snowy pictures, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kris, you've always made me laugh! I too, am apparently getting older. I just get too cold and would rather nap in a warm & comfy spot. I will be in charge of the hot chocolate and jammies though! -Mary

      Delete
  3. Thank you...I appreciate your visit! -Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!

 
01 09 10