Welcome to an 1864 farmhouse…life is good!


Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Happy fall! Plus snapshots from Hale Farm



Good morning…my favorite month has arrived - and it’s been almost picture-perfect!


Friday night we were thrilled to be able to see the comet where we are! I was especially glad my son was here…it always makes me sad when he says he can’t see the stars from the university campus-too many tall buildings, too many bright lights.

I hope you could get a glimpse of it, too. It won’t be back around for another 80,000 years or so I understand.  

I’m behind lin sharing my photos from Hale Farm and Village - a terrific living history site my daughter and I visited. Some of you had asked to see what it was like, and so if you’re a fan of old-fashioned ways and period decorating, you’ll find lots of inspiration!



















I hope you enjoyed these - I wish it was close enough to volunteer - I’d love that - cooking with my tin kitchen/reflector oven over the hearth would be my idea of heaven. Sigh…I definitely found ideas I want to add to “this old house”. 

Well it’s another lovely day - I’m off to put the garden to bed and plant garlic. I hope all is well and you’re enjoying these beautiful October days! 



4 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos of the village! The interior of the larger house is a bit "fancier" than I would have imagined it. It would be fun to be able volunteer there, but I think I'd leave the cooking to you LOL. So happy you and your son got to see the comet! And got a photo of it to boot. I never did catch it. :-( Yes, I have a lot of outdoor work to get done and am quickly running out of time to get it done. We've had a few beautiful days but, starting today, temps are beginning their descent. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thrill to see the comet! I missed my 1-in-80,000-years chance to see it - we did look but it was close to the setting sun and our western horizon is obscured with trees and buildings.
    Love your photos of the old village :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love to see the kitchens in these old places. And, Wow! The comet looks amazing. You captured it beautifully. Thank you for sharing your photographs, Mary. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gift these living museums are to us. There is such a connection found there. Enjoy the rest of your favorite month!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!

 
01 09 10