Welcome to our 1864 farmhouse…life is good!


Friday, July 21

 

Rainbows & rainstorms, heat & humidity, flowers & fruit...July on the farm is brimming with much to do...but also much to enjoy. 




While reading Billie Jo's blog this morning, I felt inspired to follow her lead...why not take today to share some of the photos from my phone? Oh they add up quickly! 

Happy Friday, friends, enjoy your weekend!


4th of July fireworks 


storm clouds moving in, 


but clearing in time to enjoy July's Hay (or Blueberry) Moon.



Zucchini, squash, & watermelon in the garden...
 

so excited because they are the first plants grown from seed
in my little greenhouse! 


blooms in my Friendship Garden
(I shared the same seeds with a good friend that I don't see often...
it makes my heart happy to know she's seeing the same flowers)



These sprinklers make me smile!
They're fun to look at, but really do a great job as well.


I've had this scarecrow for ages, and this year I
tucked him inside an old water trough - why not have
a little fun in the garden?


mare & foal on a nearby farm,


and flowers, flowers, flowers
(also started in that mini greenhouse!)








I'll end with a snapshot of this little Bandit bravely looking for a snack.
We really do have the most polite 
raccoons...they keep their distance
and never get into any mischief! 








11 comments:

  1. WOW what a raccoon. I did not think they came out during the day. Wonderful pcs and love love that first red flower. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has 5 little ones, so I think her sleep schedule is mixed up! That red flower is a coneflower my son picked out for me ages ago, it's always bright and cheery.

      Delete
  2. How sweet and wonderful all of your photos are! That is such a good photo of your polite raccoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gardens are doing so wonderfully! Our summer has been so rainy mine are struggling.
    You are so lucky your racoon is so polite and doesn't cause a problem.
    Happy weekend!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great shots! The one of the storm clouds moving in is my fav.
    Wow, tame raccoons! Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daisy...I like the clouds over the barn, too...right place, right time! Yep, they're always polite...but keep their distance. Even the cats don't mind them...peace in the animal kingdom!

      Delete
  5. That raccoon looks very cheeky! And I just love your scarecrow. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jules, ha, cheeky is right! They make me laugh...you should see the little babies running across the yard.

      Delete
  6. I love the photos! Especially the one with the storm clouds. We don't have any raccoon friends who visit when we can actually see them, but I do have a favorite chipmunk who I've named Ruby. She (?) lives under our deck and I may or may not leave her treats to stockpile. 😁 I hope you're enjoying your summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Staci, awww Ruby sounds adorable, they're just so cute! And yay for treats...every little critter can use a helping hand, that's so kind!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!

 
01 09 10