Welcome to our 1864 farmhouse…life is good!


Wednesday, June 13

a Maizy follow-up & questions answered...


As a quick PS to my last post about our vintage camper, I thought I'd answer a couple of questions I've gotten lately...
  • Hmmm, I see the propane tank is missing...how will you use the stove?
  • Since the propane lines weren't hooked up, we decided to postpone work on the stove
    for now, so we'll be using this handy "breakfast station" by Nostalgia (find it here).
    With a toaster oven, griddle, and coffee maker for hot water (we're not coffee drinkers,
    but it'll be perfect for instant cocoa or herbal tea). We can make grilled cheese or French bread pizza, too, so it'll definitely come in handy!





  • I love the colorful dishtowels, where did you find them?
  • A friend gave them to me as a birthday gift (thanks, Lisa!) and I liked them so much, I picked up a couple more. They're from The Pioneer Woman collection (here) at our local Walmart. All her colors are so cheery and are a perfect match!

This salt & pepper shaker set is from The Pioneer Woman, too...they are just so sweet, and again, her colors are spot on for what I had in mind.



I added theses cookbooks for fun (although they really do have some good, old-fashioned recipes). They were gifts from a great cook (that's you, Carol!). The cover photo on the front book just seemed to fit the retro theme, and the copy on the cover of the book behind it says, 

"Swanky food from the '50s and '60s"! 

Wow, how could I resist recipes for "swanky" food while Glamping?!





Just another little I had tucked away that seemed to be a good fit...a red sifter on a Pioneer Woman dishtowel.




And that's the latest...can't wait to get her back with her new roof so she's ready no matter the weather!  

In the meantime there's more pillows to stitch and I found some retro goodies at our local feed store...will share those when she's back.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!

 
01 09 10