for gorgeous sunsets,
and beautiful moonsets,
For blooming flowers,
and curious cats.
For candles that substitute for the sad lack of lilac blossoms this year (my favorite flower),
and for a sweet daughter who still picks flowers for me. And if you’re wondering, yes I kept the volunteer patch of cornflowers/bachelor’s buttons!
She’s an absolute sweetheart. She put together a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a candle for me as a thank-you for helping take care of her while she recovers from her broken ankle. My goodness, I can’t imagine not lending a hand. (Yes, I did cry.) Physical therapy begins next week, and she’s now walking without crutches and only in the boot. And while the road to recovery may be long, she’s doing a splendid job!
I’m also grateful for a son who just asked if there were any leftovers we could bring him - it warms my heart to know that home cooking is still appreciated!
The garden is finally in, and I’m working toward catching up on all that needs doing. While the to-do list is still long, I guess, as they say, being busy keeps me out of trouble!
The temperatures have been almost fall-like, for me, absolutely perfect, and highly unusual for summer here. But, we’re about to get a taste of real summer - this week temperatures are predicted to reach up to 97 by Friday.
I hope all is well wherever you are - and that you’re enjoying these “lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer!”









Hope therapy goes well for your daughter. I only sprained my ankle once and was on crutches for weeks. Cannot imagine breaking it. I love Bachelor Buttons. They are such a wonderful wildflower to me anyways. Janice
ReplyDeleteThanks for the good wishes, Janice. I appreciate them. And you’re right the bachelor’s buttons are really pretty and still blooming!
DeleteSuch wonderful captures of summer's gifts my friend. How sweet of your daughter to show her gratitude in such a beautiful way with the flowers and candle. And you son asking or leftovers. I don't think there could be any better expressions of love. My son would not let me even drop off food or feed his cat for him when he had several of his knee surgeries and was living alone. And asking for leftovers - or requesting that I make some specific recipe for him - there's no better gift in my book although it doesn't happen often. We, too, are going to get a taste of summer this week. The forecast for Monday is 91º. I can probably deal with that, but 97º? Ummm, no. I hope you stay cool and safe (PS...that pie of your is incredible!!!)
ReplyDeleteGood grief-this just appeared in my post today - August 31! So sorry Robin - I don’t know how it got hung up. Oh yes - the kids make my heart the happiest. “Kids” - oh sigh 26 this week and 23 in November. And thank you - I sell pies at the local farmers market - such sweet people running a small family business. Take care of yourself - do something fun this week!
DeleteThat pue looks amazing!! Pie is my favorite dessert. Flowers are lovey and there is just so.ething about a sunset and a sun rise.
ReplyDeleteI hope your daughter continues to do well.
We are in for that heat also. I am so sad about it as our days have been so lovely
Cathy
Cathy - did you get the heat yet? You’re right, it’s been so perfect, I can’t stand the thought of upper 90s. It’s 89 right now, but I think the real heat is coming in tomorrow :(. I’m with you I’ll take pie over cake any day!
DeleteSo many blessings in this life. It's the little things that really create contentment. Contentment is quiet joy. Sending you warm wishes across the miles. Be Blissed!
ReplyDeleteYou’re so right, Daisy - We get caught up in so many things it’s easy to overlook the sweet and simple things. Thank you so much for the kind wishes!
DeleteA lovely post, Mary. And your sunsets are always breathtaking.
ReplyDeleteWe have so much to be grateful for. X
Thank you, Jules, I appreciate it when you stop by. I know your days are busy. I get caught up in the to-do list, I need to slow down and see the simple things more often.
Delete