Welcome to our 1864 farmhouse…life is good!


Friday, April 21

spring is here...

I think I've said it before, but I always feel as if Spring has its own way of saying,
"Look at me, I'm here, I'm here!"  

Filled with sweet aromas, familiar sounds, and a rainbow of colors, soon we know the seasons have turned.

Fragrant hyacinths, freshly-cut grass, and the earthy smell of just-plowed fields are paired with the cheery sound of peepers in the creek, songbirds greeting the sunrise, and tractors humming in the distance. 



Bright yellow daffodils, golden dandelions, and beautiful fruit trees are blossoming by the garden. There are no traces left of snow, the breezes are warm, and the yard and fields are no longer wet and muddy. 




Some of my favorites are now in bloom...bleeding hearts and red bud trees, and bird baths are filled and waiting for visitors. 





A rainy afternoon kept my daughter and I from taking our planned trip to hike the Butternut Trail (another day!), but while driving down country roads, we were greeted with some stunning silhouettes and then fiery sunsets...





One day, we even found ourselves in a surprise snowstorm!



And so that's a little look at what's happening in my corner of the world...just wanted to pop in, catch up, and say, "Hi".




Next time, I'll show you a couple of "steals" I found for my garden, along with a birthday/Mothers' Day/Christmas giftie I can now cross off my wish list!

Enjoy your weekend, friends.



14 comments:

  1. so glad you posted such beautiful sunsets. On my instructions on how to winter over the germaniums take as much soil off the roots as possible before you wrap them in newspaper.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cathy...I will try that this winter, it seems so simple! I appreciate you sharing the how-to's.

      Delete
  2. Sorry you didn't get to hit Butternut Trail. What a great name!

    Yes, spring is similar for me in that way too. Spring to me is the New Year! All bright and shinning just ready and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fun name...as soon as we get a dry day, we'll be taking that hike...it's part of an old farm and lands owned by author Louis Bromfield - I'll be sure to share pictures!

      Delete
  3. What gorgeous views! Your description of spring is so vivid. Yes, there are so many reasons to be grateful for the spring season. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks...I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Today it rained, hailed, and ten the sun came out...it's a crazy spring!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Staci...I KNOW you're super busy with the business and all the outdoor chores - thanks for taking the time to stop by. Try to kick your feet up this weekend and get some rest.

      Delete
  5. What gorgeous sunsets Mary. Spring is definitely in the air now. Daffodils and flowering pears in bloom now. Happy Spring to you! Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janice - I'm just lucky to catch them at the right time! So glad you're getting a glimpse of spring too!

      Delete
  6. You describe spring so beautifully. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, my friend! What absolutely beautiful photos!!! I am so happy to be back and visiting you here. It is cold here in Pennsylvania today. Snow flurries! I am snuggled on the couch catching up with my blog friends. And sipping coffee. Have a cozy evening!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you......spring does have it's own way of announcing her arrival! Each one of your photos are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much...it's been so pretty, but this week, it's absolutely cold, windy, and freezing...of course, after I jumped the gun and planted some seeds early. I should know better! Mary

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!

 
01 09 10