Welcome to our 1864 farmhouse…life is good!


Thursday, May 26

all is quiet...

and peaceful in my little corner of the world...


  

With what has happened in Texas, I'll wait to share Throwback Thursday, stories of high school graduation, and other happenings here on the farm. 

It seems more appropriate to send prayers of strength, comfort, and courage to the families of the 19 children and 2 teachers who died in Tuesday's elementary school shooting. 

All life is precious, and to have young lives cut short is tragic. 
Any life cut short at the hands of another, in such a way as this, is reprehensible. 



6 comments:

  1. I am sick over this school shooting. Such a horrible tragedy. I feel for everyone down there. Seeing the sheep in your pic remined me of my great uncle Billy's sheep. I loved watching them across the road from my grandparents farm. When he wanted them to come in their collie would do his job and round them back to the barn. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice, I couldn't agree more...it's heartbreaking. I don't know the answer, but I'm standing firm: Enough!

    The sheep are at a farm down the road...they were all coming (some running!) back to the barn, maybe dinnertime? It was so sweet, I just had to stop...I'm pretty sure sights like this lower my blood pressure. Glad you have such nice memories...jot them down for safe keeping! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. We heard about this tragic shooting on our News. It is so senseless and pointless, and my heart goes out to the families and people affected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When will this madness end? Innocent lives mowed down for no reason. God be with them and those they left behind. It's just so heartbreaking.

    Sending you peace and good will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margaret, you're absolutely right when you say pointless...I can't imagine the heartbreak for the families.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daisy...I just read it's the 30th school shooting this year; how is that possible?! I noticed on your blog, off to the side, you have the words "Lead me, guide me, walk beside me..." those are the words to a song our Primary kids at church sing often...the next line being "help me find the way." I'm sure those words would bring some comfort to the families in Texas as we all pray for them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!

 
01 09 10