Welcome to our 1864 farmhouse…life is good!


Monday, August 14

confetti salsa!


My friend Peggy shared this recipe with me Wednesday...since then, I've made it 4 times!
It's called green tomatillo salsa, but looks like a happy toss of confetti to me!






Now here's the thing, there's no "right" or "wrong" to this recipe...and there are no specific amounts for ingredients.

Don't let that worry you...it WILL taste great no matter what you do!  Peggy chops her ingredients in a hand chopper so they're small and the result is a salsa that's much more sauce-like...yummy.

I like my salsa more (isn't there a better word than "chunky?!) substantial. So mine is less salsa-like and probably qualifies as more of a side-dish...is that a problem? It's fine with me! Anyway, I simply chopped mine by hand quickly because I couldn't wait to enjoy it.

So here you are, the recipe straight from Peggy. Ingredients are in a quantity order...for example lots of tomatillos, not so much cilantro. From the photo you'll see I love red onion...out of proportion to the recipe below, but this is yours to enjoy, so make it anyway you like! I'm going to add some avocado next time.





Peggy’s Salsa

tomatillos, peeled and chopped (lots!)
red onion, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
jalapeño pepper, chopped (amount to taste)
cilantro, chopped (to taste)
salt (to taste)
lime juice (to taste)

Combine all in a bowl, grab a bag of tortilla chips, get ready to be happy!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!

 
01 09 10