Welcome to our 1864 farmhouse…life is good!


Monday, January 28

simple country pleasures...

Love those girls and their farm-fresh eggs...and finding this tiny one made me smile!



 Kitty on the coop...Tinkerbell getting a bird's-eye-view on a snowy day.



"I'm ready for my close-up..." Azreal, oh-so sweet & affectionate.


"Don't forget me!" A profile of Midnight...who can always be found twirling around our feet.




Hope it's warm where you are...school is out here today due to icy roads & freezing rain. 



Days like this call for homemade cocoa & doughnuts, a crackling fire, jammies, and a day of movie-watching...I'm off! 


Happy Monday!

8 comments:

  1. Hmm I think we'd like to spend a snow day at your house. hehe. Just love your kitties and the itty bitty egg! I can't wait to have chickens someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica...love those unexpected snow days! And here's my 2 cents on chickens...get some when you can! They're really low maintenance (just a couple of thorough coop-cleanings a year and simple weekly upkeep) in return for those terrific eggs!

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your day with the kitties and kiddos, I know you will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun day...I'm ready for an early night though!

      Delete
  3. We had a day like that too and it was just what the doctor ordered! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay...it's a treat, isn't it?! Glad you had a fun time making sweet memories.

      Delete
  4. Homemade donuts on a cold winter day... oh boy! My mama used to crack open a can of biscuits on a snowy day; she's let us cut holes in the biscuits with a thimble or a medicine bottle and then deep-dry them. A quick roll in some cinnamon sugar and we had the BEST snow day treat! It's been many years, but I think I'll go home and ask my mom to make me some! Thanks for the sweet memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do that...I think she'd be tickled to know you have it as such a heartfelt memory! Sounds like we need to work on a book together Kris...a collection of old-fashioned how-to's to make sweet memories. Before we all forget! -Mary

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!

 
01 09 10