A Dream Come True For My Madison. And For Me!
14 hours ago
Welcome to an 1864 farmhouse…life is good!
...Happy May Day! For years we've enjoyed gathering flowers, tucking them into baskets or Mason jars, and then secretly delivering them ...
Your apples are absolutely beautiful.... how nice to have your own trees. I know what you mean - autumn has become my favorite season also as I've gotten older. I'm looking forward to it. Got up to almost 90 today, will be over 90 tomorrow, and I'm really hoping that will be the last of those temps!!! Lately I've been making applesauce without the sugar, just cinnamon, a pinch of nutmeg and a splash of vanilla, and it's really yummy. And definitely do try your hand at your own mayo - you'll be surprised how easy, and you can modify any of the ingredients to suit your own taste, e.g., a little less lemon juice if you don't want to taste the lemon.
ReplyDelete90 is just too hot for me...I am not a summertime girl! It's just so much easier to get things done when it's a bit cooler and no humidity. A no-sugar applesauce is a really good idea...I wouldn't have to use tart apples...I'll give it a try! And I will definitely make the mayo...I'm sure it tastes amazing. Thanks again for sharing the inspiration!
DeleteIt's a wonderful time of year isn't it? To see all the work of summer come to fruition (no pun intended!), to the delight in knowing you'll be well fed no matter what winter brings (and I agree with your hunch!) and the promise of those winter projects to look forward to. It's my favourite time of year. : )
ReplyDeleteI'm a list-maker, Andrea...and I think I'd better get working on my check list. The Farmers' Almanac says "bitter cold" and snowy...I just have a feeling in my bones we'd better be ready. And oh winter projects...I'm dreaming of knitting by the fire and maybe dusting off the spinning wheel and loom, or does that mean I have to clean out the closets? Okay...they need a deep cleaning, but I put my foot down at the basement/cellar...that's a low priority!
Delete