Welcome to our 1864 farmhouse…life is good!


Thursday, February 23

farmhouse monster cookies...

A cookie without flour...but packed with so much goodness, you'll never miss it!
Oh-so simple to whip up, filled with all our favorites, and the recipe makes 4 dozen,
so there's plenty to share (and still have some for our cookie jar!)
These are pretty much perfect in my book!



3 eggs
1-1/4 c. brown sugar, packed
1 c. sugar
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. vanilla extract
12-oz. jar creamy or chunky peanut butter
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. chocolate-coated candies
1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 c. raisins
1/4 c. peanut butter chips
2 t. baking soda
4-1/2 c. old-fashioned oats

Blend eggs and sugars together until creamy. Add salt, vanilla, peanut butter, and butter; blend well. Stir in chocolate candies, chocolate chips,  raisins, and peanut butter chips. Blend in baking soda and oats; mix well.

Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto a parchment-lined or no-stick baking sheet, placing dough about 2 inches apart. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool slightly before removing from baking sheet. Makes approximately 4 dozen.

Now, I will admit I tossed in a few extra chocolate candies and chocolate chips, but it seems you can't go wrong with this recipe. Don't like raisins? Leave them out, or maybe substitute sweetened, dried cranberries or even butterscotch chips.

Whatever you decide to use, they won't last long...I promise!

Now...will you laugh if I tell you I'm enjoying these cookies with a glass of icy cold goat's milk?
I'm just testing the waters...wondering if our family will like it, and if dairy goats should be
on my wish list!

Come on...look at that face!

photo credit: Homestead Revival


2 comments:

  1. Those look fantastic! I will have to try them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think goats milk is wonderful but I grew up drinking it, though goats can be a pain because they will eat everything & I mean everything including the sides of your house ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!

 
01 09 10