Welcome to our 1864 farmhouse…life is good!


Monday, November 7

unexpected surprises...

Each day I have the opportunity to lend a hand in Little Man's class. His teacher is just terrific and it's a joy to help out with the kids in her classroom.

Really, it's so much fun, not work at all (perhaps I should have been a teacher??), which is all the more reason I was so touched when I received this thank you gift from his teacher last week.

"Just a little something for you to enjoy over Thanksgiving," she said.


What a sweet lady...what a heartfelt gesture.

And so, I thought I'd share her kindness with you. If someone has been on your mind...a neighbor, friend, or someone who needs a bit of cheering up, why not make a centerpiece for them to enjoy over Thanksgiving?
Simply set a pillar candle in the center of a glass cylinder, surround it with a mixture of nuts and cranberries, and ta-da, you're done! Don't have a cylinder...use a smaller pillar candle tucked inside quart-size Mason jar.

I promise, not only will you feel good because you brightened someone's day, you're absolutely going to touch their heart and make them smile!


5 comments:

  1. Very sweet gesture and idea. How fun it must be to spend time in the classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very beautiful and thoughtful gift!

    Autumn Blessings from Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so very nice. It really is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog through something someone had pinned on pinterest. What a lovely place to spend time...I will be back!
    I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are the very best gifts of all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!

 
01 09 10