...to Tina at The Serene Stamper for sharing the Stylish Blogger Award with me. I'm taken by surprise and so appreciate her kind words. Take a minute to visit her blog and take a peek at her clever creations.
From me, a sincere thank you to the many nice people who visit us. It's been one of the biggest pleasures while writing this blog...that sense of connection with other wonderful people we hear from. It's always such fun to read the comments of friends, new and old, who stop by to see what we're doing in our little corner of the Midwest.
1. Link back to the person who awarded you
2. Share 8 things about yourself
3. Send it along to 8 bloggers that you have recently discovered.
4. Drop a note to the bloggers and tell them about their award!
Hmmm, so here are 8 things about me that you may (or may not !) find interesting!
1.We have two children, Little Man is 7 and Sweet Girl is 10.
They provide endless entertainment, as well as endless opportunities to roll my eyes and say, "I told you so." They also constantly remind me of what's sweet in our daily lives.
2. My husband is witty, loves trains, and will read until the wee hours of the morning when he's in the middle of a great book. He has icy-blue eyes, a quick smile, and a memory that can't be beat...he's our human GPS and trivia champ.
3. I love anything old-fashioned...hand-stitched quilts, country clotheslines, aprons, porch swings, old farmhouses, auctions, gardening, county fairs, and farmers' markets. I'm always looking for simple pleasures found in the "everyday" days, and trying to bring the small town joys of "Mayberry" to our own home.
4. Some of my favorite movies are old classics such as
North by Northwest, The Great Race, That Touch of Mink, Operation Petticoat, and Father Goose.
5. Per above...Cary Grant is definitely a favorite actor...what charm and charisma!
6. I spent 14 years as a Sr. Book Editor and Manager of Licensed Books. While it was great fun creating cookbook and lifestyle books, I definitely don't miss the deadlines and meetings!
These days you'll find me chasing kids, gardening, tinkering with spinning and weaving, making wreaths, or weaving baskets.
I usually have a camera in one hand, a cookbook in the other,
and wish-list for our next home renovation!
7. If I could sing, I'd love to be Elphaba in the musical Wicked. Now, that's if I could sing...which I can't. Enough said.
8. I'm still trying to master the ideal loaf of homemade bread...hats off to my family who have suffered and smiled through many a loaf that was less than, well, ideal.
(Now that's love.)
Enough about me...now to the fun part! It was hard to narrow down my list to just 8 blogs, but here are some terrific farmgirls I really think you'll enjoy meeting.
Just click on their blog names to pay them a visit!
1. Rural Revivial
2. Verde Farm
3. Lilac Lane Cottage
4. Farmhouse Style
5. Front Porch Indiana
6. City Gal Moves to Oz Land
7. Flat Creek Farm
8. Farm Fresh Fun
In The Pink
4 hours ago